Friday, October 27, 2006

Congrats Ohio Bar passers

Being one year removed from today's announcement of the July Bar results, I remember what a great day (crappy weather aside) this is.

Tip O' the Hat: When I was deciding on law schools, I was torn between the University of Cincinnati and the University of Toledo (who offered me a conditional full-ride.) I chose U.C. Glad to see both law schools had the highest bar passage rate among Ohio law schools for first-time takers this summer at a record 93% passage rate, beating The Ohio State University which has traditionally single-handedly held that distinction for the past few years, but drops to a tie in third place with Cleveland State University behind Case Western Reserve University.

Wag O' the Finger: The University of Dayton cannot be proud that their July bar passage rate for first-time takers was 78%, behind Ohio Northern's 81%. The overall bar passage rate for first-time bar examiners in July was 85%, which means these two Ohio schools did worse than average on getting their students to pass the Ohio bar exam than students did from law schools outside of Ohio.

I know I'll take alot of heat for this, but I think it's ridiculous that Ohio has nine law schools.

But congratulations to the 1,000 soon-to-be newly minted Ohio-licensed attorneys!

No comments: